WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP TEACHERS AND FAMILIES LOWER THE STAKES SURROUNDING HIGH STAKES TESTS IN NYC:
- Get the word out – reaching out in person and calling other educators is the most effective way to do it. Direct people to go to: www.teacherstalktesting.com
- The url needs to be put out there. Put links to www.teacherstalktesting.com anywhere you can:
- Comments sections of websites such as nytimes.com/schoolbook, gothamschools.org, insideschools.org, dailykos.com
- If you know anyone with access to social media that has a high readership – a highly followed Twitter account, website, or blog – try to see if they can get the url out there (www.teacherstalktesting.com).
- Group emails/messages are great. Personalized messages and emails – on Facebook and using other media – can be even more effective
- If you can write a blog post, a letter, or get any message published regarding this issue, please do. Try to direct anyone you can to the petition at www.teacherstalktesting.com
- Reach out to the powers that be personally. Send hard copy letters, personalized emails or give a phone call to Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio and other local politicians.